Day 1 Arrival at Cochin Airport – Transfer to brunton boatyard
To touch the soul of any destination, you need to go back in time. To relive its rich history and vibrant culture. Which is why when you step into Brunton Boatyard in Fort Cochin, it’s like stepping into the distillery of history. The hotel imbibes the many influences that have made Fort Cochin what it is today and takes you back in time to the eventful past of the centuries old boatyard of Geo Brunton and Sons. Here, people who kept coming from time immemorial left their legacy. Here, diverse cultures of the world united to create an enchanting harmony.
Day 2 sightseeing around Fort Cochin
St. Francis CSI Church in Kochi was originally built in 1503, is the oldest church in India and has great historical significance as a mute witness to the European colonial struggle in the subcontinent. The Portuguese explorer, Vasco da Gama, died in Kochi in 1524 when he was on his third visit to India. His body was originally buried in this church, but after fourteen years his remains were removed to Lisbon.
The Paradesi Synagogue is the oldest synagogue in the Commonwealth of Nations, located in Kochi. It is a perfect evidence of the presence of Jews, centuries ago in Kerala. It was built in 1568 by the Malabar Yehuden people or Cochin Jewish community in the Kingdom of Cochin. The synagogue is located in the quarter of Old Cochin known as Jew Town, and is the only one of the seven synagogues in the area still in use. Antique and handicrafts shops are common here.
The Mattancherry Palace, also known as the Dutch Palace features Kerala murals depicting Hindu temple art, portraits and exhibits of the Rajas of Kochi. It has a pond in front of the palace and a temple within the compound. The palace is under the procession of The Archaeology survey of India. After the dutch renovated the palace, it is also known as a dutch palace.
In the evening go for a cultural show of Kathakali – The Dance, and other Indian performing arts.
Day 3 – Transfer to Marari beach resort
We’ve understood that you can see a destination, you can touch a destination and you can live a destination. Evolved travellers like you seek living, breathing impressions. For you, a beach has much more to offer than the sun, sand and surf. The magic of the sea lies in the lives of the fisher folk. In their songs, in their hopes, their fears, their simple joys. Which is why here, in Marari Beach, in quaint Alleppey, we have ensured that your experience encompasses the people that lend life to them. We believe that a holiday comes alive only when the hotel breathes the life of the community around it – be it the flavour of the fish curry as only boatmen can serve, the rhythm in the song of the fisher folk as they haul in their catch or the amazing simplicity in the way they thatch their roof with palm fronds.
Day 4 – Be around the beach and go for a Ayurveda treatment
Relax and enjoy the beach and the among the coconut groves, engaged with the activities within the resort. A visit to the ayurveda facility would give you an idea about an ancient treatment method with natural remedies and medicinal oils.
Day 5 – Transfer to Houseboat and get ready for a cruise
Spice Coast Cruises takes you on a journey through Lake Vembanad in a houseboat. A journey that bares the indescribable beauty, the very soul of Kerala. Kettuvallams (barges of yore converted into houseboats) echo our philosophy of life – only natural and local materials are used for the interiors – coir matted decks and canopies made of split bamboo and palm fronds. This simplicity is also reflected in the meals that our cook serves you on board our houseboats, which on a typical day would include among other divine dishes, the famed Karimeen and freshwater prawns.
Day 6 – Departure Transfer to Cochin Airport
|Days||Destination||Hotel||Room type||Meal Plan|
|1&2||Fort Cochin||Brunton boatyard||Standard Sea facing room||Breakfast|
|3&4||Marari Beach||Marari Beach resort||Garden Villa||Breakfast|
|5||Alleppey||Houseboat||Ac bedroom||All meals|
- Accommodation in the mentioned room category with the specified meal plan
- Breakfast all all hotels
- All transfers and sightseeing trips in Air conditioned Luxury MUV – Toyota Innova at disposal from the point of arrival to the point of departure( 600 km blocked from Garage to garage, Includes drivers allowances, fuel etc)
- Fort Cochin Sightseeing.
- Any Airfare.
- Entrances fees.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, telephone, and laundry bills etc.
- Tips and porter charges.
- Any boating charges (motor boat / pedal boat).
- Any additional expenses incurred due to any flight delay or cancellation, weather conditions, political closures, technical faults etc.
- Any other service(s) not specified above.
- All taxes included are as on date. Any future hike will be charged extra.
- Check in / Checkout time with the hotels are 1200 noon , 3 pm and 1 pm at brunton boatyard,marari beach resort and houseboat repectively.
- The above rates are valid for the given dates only – till 30th september 2012. The package is not valid between December 15 to January 15th
- The above is only an offer and not confirmation of your bookings. We shall proceed with your booking once we have receive the payment from you & if we are not able to get the original hotels, shall provide equivalent/ alternative hotels.
- Check inn time – 12:00
- Check out time – 09:00
- Lunch break – 1 hr
- Boat halts at the banks by – 17:00
- A/C would be operational from 21:00 to 06:00
- The meals would be local and ethinic cuisine.