On Day Arrival at Cochin/Ernakulam – Check in at Camp Noel
Camp Noel invites you to revel in a lush, castaway sanctuary. Located high up in the clouds of Western Ghats at an altitude of 6800 ft in a pristine and lush emerald green valley, surrounded by forests and majestic mountains of Munnar. Camp Noel is the best place for all the people who want to enjoy nature at its pristine condition, away from all the hustle and bustle of the cities.
Activities at Camp Noel :
Camp Noel, Munnar offers a variety of activities to connect with the natural world … Take discovery walks on our beautiful hiking trails, Roam the rugged wilderness in a SUV, Trek up and explore the mountains and views, Sit around a Campfire or take a night safari, Boat in the nearby dams, or simply lay down under the night sky and watch the stars (or clouds in the daytime).
Eravikulam National Park is a 97 sq.km national park located along the Western Ghats in the Idukki district of Kerala .Twenty six species of mammals have been recorded in the park including the largest surviving population of Nilgiri Tahr, estimated at about 750 in number. You would need to board a bus or jeep provided by the forest department to enter the park.#
Can be visited by public only when Entrance is Permitted by the national park authority .
Mattupetty Lake and Dam - 13 kilometers en-route to Top Station at an altitude of 1700 m, is the Mattupetty Lake. Boating is a popular activity here and DTPC (District Tourism Promotion Council) Idukki has a facility for boating and has a fleet of speed boats, row boats and pedal boats. The indo Swiss live stock project is very nearby this beautiful picnic spot. The dam is also close by to the lake.
Echo Point - is an ideal place for adventure tourism and trekking. The fresh mountain air, the mist-clad hills and panoramic views make it worthy of a visit. The combination of the lake and rolling mountains generates an echo for the feeblest sound, that’s how this place got its name.
Kundala Lake - is an artificial reservoir located at Kundala, a charming town in Idukki District of Kerala. It has a comparatively small dam having arch shape. A narrow road on the top of the dam gives a panoramic view of the catchment area. The banks of this lake are full of lush green scenic forest.
Top Station Just as the name suggests, top station is at a very huge height, almost like a close to the cloud experience. This is home to “Neelakurinji” the plant which buds violet flowers once in twelve years. A great view of the Western ghats is possible from the top. Its take almost 1 hr to reach from Munnar town.
Please be advised that the travel time to the resort is approx 5.5 hours from Cochin airport. If you are availing our transportation option, our guests are welcome to request our drivers to stop for a drink or rest at anytime. We are 36 kms away from Munnar town near the village of Pazhathottam. It takes about 90 minutes to reach the resort from Munnar town. The first 30 kms is a very scenic drive on the Kodaikkanal highway via Mattuppetti and Kundale Dam. The last 6 kms to the resort is an off road adventure. Be prepared to ride out some rough terrain through a forest track, there are no roads to speak of! Please make sure that you do not suffer from back, neck problems and you are not accompanied by very old people.
The temperature would range from 15 – 20 degree Celsius during the day and will fall down to 10 – 15 degree Celsius during the night. Please make sure that you don’t forget to take your winter wear and sweater with you.
A few points
There is no television in the cottages and there is no mobile connectivity in the whole area, instead we have WLL phones and you can make external calls from the room. There is Wifi internet available in the front desk lounge. We have our multi cuisine restaurant – Café Venice and 24 hours room service. There is a wonderful library.
*Add -ons for the package
- Can combine this package with other destinations
- Transportation with sightseeing, pick up and drop
- Can combine this package with one night on the houseboat, exclusively for you ( Alleppey/Kumarakom)
*Special offer for 3 Nights
|Date||Destination||Hotel||Room type||Meal Plan|
|Day 1||Munnar||Camp Noel||One bedroom cottage||Breakfast|
|Day 2||Munnar||Camp Noel||One bedroom cottage||Breakfast|
Inclusions in the package
- All taxes included.
- All Breakfast included
- Accommodation in an independent cottage with spectacular view of the mountains. These cottages- have living room, fireplaces and well furnished bed room.
- Romantic Guided trekking.
- Romantic Candle light set- Up ( 0ne night)
- Honeymoon cake.( one night)
Exclusions in the package
- Entrances fees.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, telephone, and laundry bills etc.
- Tips and porter charges.
- Any boating charges (motor boat / pedal boat).
- Any additional expenses incurred due to any flight delay or cancellation, weather conditions, political closures, technical faults etc.
- Any other service/s not specified above.
- All taxes, entrance fees, airfare etc if included are as on date. Any future hike will be charged extra.
- The above rates is valid till 31st May 2013 are not valid between 20th December 2013 to 5th January 2014.
- Child above 5 years is considered as an extra person.
- The above is only an offer and not confirmation of your bookings. We shall proceed with your booking once we have receive the payment from you & if we are not able to get the original hotels, shall provide equivalent/ alternative hotels.