Day 01 Arrival at Cochin/Ernakulam - Hotel Travancore Court
On arrival we would receive you at the airport/railway station and transfer you to the hotel. Later in the afternoon move ahead to Fort Cochin.
Sightseeing options would be:
The Paradesi Synagogue is the oldest synagogue in the Commonwealth of Nations, located in Cochin. It was built in 1568 by the Malabar Yehuden people or Cochin Jewish community in the Kingdom of Cochin. The synagogue is located in the quarter of Old Cochin known as Jew Town, and is the only one of the seven synagogues in the area still in use. The Mattancherry Palace temple and the Mattancherry synagogue share a common wall. Antique and handicrafts shops are common here.
The Mattancherry Palace, also known as the Dutch Palace features Kerala murals depicting Hindu temple art, portraits and exhibits of the Rajas of Kochi. It has a pond in front of the palace and a temple within the compound. The palace is under the procession of The Archaeology survey of India. Its is also know as the Dutch palace after the dutch renovated it in 1663.
DAY 02 and 03 in Munnar – Blackberry Resort [150 Kms]
After breakfast, check out from the hotel. Drive to Munnar and reach by afternoon, Check in at the hotel and settle down.
You will reach munnar town post noon, enjoy the Valara waterfalls on the way. The change in the climate and the tea plantations would give you an idea about the paradise like destination you are going to reach.
After Lunch go around the town and visit
Other sightseeing spots
Mattupetty Lake and Dam
13 kilometers en-route to Top Station at an altitude of 1700 m, is the Mattupetty Lake. Boating is a popular activity here and DTPC (District Tourism Promotion Council) Idukki has a facility for boating and has a fleet of speed boats, row boats and pedal boats. The indo Swiss live stock project is very nearby this beautiful picnic spot. The dam is also close by to the lake.
Echo Point is an ideal place for adventure tourism and trekking. The fresh mountain air, the mist-clad hills and panoramic views make it worthy of a visit. The combination of the lake and rolling mountains generates an echo for the feeblest sound, that’s how this place got its name.
Kundala Lake is an artificial reservoir located at Kundala, a charming town in Idukki District of Kerala. It has a comparatively small dam having arch shape. A narrow road on the top of the dam gives a panoramic view of the catchment area. The banks of this lake are full of lush green scenic forest.
Top Station Just as the name suggests, top station is at a very huge height, almost like a close to the cloud experience. This is home to “Neelakurinji” the plant which buds violet flowers once in twelve years. A great view of the Western ghats is possible from the top. Its take almost 1 hr to reach from Munnar town.
Day 4 Munnar – Alleppey [180 Kms]
After breakfast, check out from the hotel. Drive to Alleppey and reach by afternoon. Check in at the houseboat at 1200 noon. Route Alleppey – Alleppey round trip.
On arrival, embark on a Houseboat for a cruise in the backwaters. Cruise through the palm fringed canals, watch the paddy fields, village folk, relax on board hearing lullaby of the wind & waves. Thus mysterious strip of emerald green land is stuffed with endless miles of placid backwaters that appends to its charm. Cruise till 5 in the evening by then the houseboat halts at the banks for overnight stay.
- Check inn time – 12:00
- Check out time – 09:00
- Lunch break – 1 hr
- Boat halts at the banks by – 17:00
- A/C would be operational from 21:00 to 06:00, extra hours will be charged Rs 500 per hour
Day 5 Departure transfer to Cochin Airport/ Railway station
|Day||Destination||Hotel||Room Category||Meal Plan|
|1||Cochin||Travancore Court||Deluxe Room||Breakfast|
|2-3||Munnar||Blackberry Hotel||Garden studio||Breakfast|
|4||Alleppey||Deluxe Houseboat||AC Deluxe room||All Meals|
Inclusions in the package
- Accommodation with above mentioned hotels with the mentioned room category and meal plan.
- Transfers and sightseeing by Air Conditioned Sedan [Tata Indigo | Maruthi Dezire] at disposal; includes driver’s allowances, toll gate charges, parking fee, driver’ night halt, fuel charges, interstate permit if necessary. (700 Km blocked from garage to garage).
- Munnar Sightseeing and cochin sightseeing.
- Houseboat cruise with all meals served on board.
Exclusions in the package
- Any Airfare
- Entrances fees
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, telephone, and laundry bills etc
- Tips and porter charges
- Any boating charges (motor boat / pedal boat).
- Any additional expenses incurred due to any flight delay or cancellation, weather conditions, political closures, technical faults etc
- Any other service/s not specified above
- All taxes included are as on date. Any future hike will be charged extra.
- Check in / Checkout time with the hotels are 1200 noon and overnight Houseboat (if provided with itinerary) is 1200 noon check in and 0900 hrs next day check out.
- The above rates are valid for the given dates only – Jan 16 2013 till 31st March 2013. The package is not valid between December 15 to January 15th
- The above is only an offer and not confirmation of your bookings. We shall proceed with your booking once we have receive the payment from you & if we are not able to get the original hotels, shall provide equivalent/ alternative hotels.